Monday, July 14, 2008

EMAIL RECEIVED FROM ARMC VICTIM

I am so sorry to learn of what happened to you folks. That is tragic and was very preventable. That sounds so typical of ARMC. I'm afraid it's getting that way with a lot of hospitals all over the country.
I feel there is never room for rudeness or much less shouting at a patient or family member, but it should be just the opposite-caring, compassion, kind words. I can sure relate to the rudeness as my long post indicates.
I do hope their attorney is right, that they can one day, get that mess cleaned out. There needs to be a major league house-cleaning come off at their facility. We need two hospitals, really three, and I would rather see them clean up their act as to have to shut down.
Thanks for the e-mail address. I can't add much, but can re-tell what happened. The last e-mail I got from the accreditation (sp?) thing was they were on it, but weren't sure it fell in their area. That's been several weeks ago. So, my deal is/has also been under investigation.
This is ironic! My late mom passed away in their sister hospital, Brownwood Regional back in 1990. There was a case of negligence there as well. It is all foggy by now, but it had something to do with them not emptying her foley as they should have. She was in bad shape and was going to pass on anyway, but we will always feel that was hastened just a bit. All we got out of that was a free meal from an administrator! We had already consulted an Abilene attorney, and was told it wouldn't be worth all the pain of reliving all of that and not really get a penny. We didn't press charges.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com