Wednesday, July 9, 2008

THIS NEWS ARTICLE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF ARMC PHYSICIANS

Hospital bullies take a toll on patient safety
Bad behavior by doctors and others undercuts morale, leads to errors
On MSNBC.com now: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25594124/

I am encouraged by the emails I have received from other physicians. It is comforting to know there are excellant and caring doctors out there. As in any profession, a few bad ones tarnish the reputations of the others.

It is still hard to believe a physician, such as the one at Abilene Regional Medical Center, could yell at a family member when one of their parents is about to die. It is also hard to believe a hospital could totally ignore questions a family has.

The simple explanation is: The physician KNEW a FATAL MISTAKE was made. His natural reaction was to yell and act like it was OUR fault.

The attorney for ARMC contacted me for the second time several weeks ago. I will go into more detail about that conversation later.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com