Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SILENCE FROM ARMC

Mission Statement:
Abilene Regional Medical Center is committed to providing quality healthcare in a safe, comfortable and compassionate environment.


At Abilene Regional Medical Center, we're here to enhance the quality of your life. We accomplish that goal by creating an environment that fosters physician participation, recognizes the value and contributions of our employees and strives to meet the unique health care needs of the area we serve.




One year ago this month, the staff at Abilene Regional Medical Center disregarded our mother's and our demands to not have a certain drug given to her again. Sadly, she was rushed back to CCU and never recovered. During this ordeal at ARMC, I was yelled at in CCU by the physician in front of my family, nurses, other patients, and visitors. We were visited by another physician who could only talk about lawsuits. (We had never discussed lawsuits) This was in our mother's CCU room as she lay there about to pass away. Very compassionate doctors they have at ARMC. We attempted to talk to the physician in charge of our mother's care, but he kept dodging us. Later, he stated he wasn't sure of CCU visitation hours and evidently came when we weren't able to visit. There is more. ALOT MORE. I have to wait to release that information. Including the autopsy report.
Meanwhile, the administration at ARMC is extremely quiet. No phone calls, no letters answered. I assume they believe this will fade away. It will not. I am concerned about the publics safety. Is this a rare experience at ARMC or does it happen often. We have spoken with numerous families with stories about ARMC. I have news for those of you who have had similiar problems with the hospital. Please feel free to contact me.
Also, ARMC, I recommend you update your mission statement.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com