Sunday, June 22, 2008

INCOMPASSIONATE PHYSICIANS AT ARMC

You would think when a family member or friend is in the hospital, especially the Critical Care Unit, you would receive comfort and compassion from the physician and nursing staff. That is not the case at Abilene Regional Medical Center. After the physician made the senseless mistake of injecting a drug into my mother's body against her wishes and ours, and she was rushed back to the critical care unit, it was as though WE, the family members, had made the mistake. After being verbally assaulted by the physician in CCU, it was very difficult to even find a physician to talk to. If you are familiar with Abilene Regional's Critical Care Unit you are aware they have limited visitation times. When we asked a nurse to speak to the physician, we were told he had already been around. DURING NO VISITATION HOURS. How convenient. On one occasion, we had contacted the physician by phone and he stated he would meet with us the next morning. When he failed to show, we asked the nurse and she stated he had been around earlier and we had missed him. Once again, it was during NO VISITATION HOURS. I contacted the physician by phone and he stated, "I guess I am not aware of visitation hours." You would think the CCU physician after all the years would know the CCU visitation hours. But once again, this IS Abilene Regional Medical Center. There is one physician that WOULD come around, the nutty infectious disease doctor that would only talk about lawsuits. Those are really compassionate physicians at Abilene Regional. Most hid and avoided the issue, but sent the nuttiest one to talk to the family about lawsuits.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com