Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MEDICAL RECORDS

As mentioned earlier, we paid over $1,200.00 for our mother's medical records from Abilene Regional Medical Center. While waiting for copies to be made of the records, the young lady in the medical records department treated us and others as though we were wasting her time. At one point, an elderly lady walked in and asked for a copy of her husband's records. The young lady treated this elderly person so poorly it brought the lady to tears. She walked out and stated she was going to talk to someone in charge. I followed her to the Administrative office of ARMC. The lady told her story and I also told of our experience as well as others. As usual, the secretary stated, "I will let someone know about it. It will be taken care of." That phrase is used often at ARMC.
I went back to the Medical Records Department, paid the disgruntled young lady over $1,200.00 and drove home. I then discovered the pages were not stamped as they should have been. I contacted her by phone and she requested I return and this would be taken care of. Upon arrival, she took the box from me, requested I have a seat outside the office, and she would take care of it. She also stated she would distribute it out to all employees and they would help stamp the pages. After receiving the records again, it was discovered there were numerous blank pages and the records were not in order. Nice way to make $1,200.00. It should also be noted the other hospitals involved charged a total of $0.00 for our mother's records.
To top it off, the employee in the Medical Records Department has a CRIMINAL HISTORY. THEFT PROP >=$1500 < $20K. A STATE JAIL FELONY. PER PUBLICDATA.COM THAT IS PUBLIC RECORD.
There are other employees with criminal backgrounds I will mention later.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com