Monday, May 26, 2008

Procrit

One of the emails I received is from an elderly female in California. She has cancer and was receiving the anemia drug, Procrit, as was my mother. After the first injection, she immediately went into cardiac arrest. The physician said her heart was severely damaged. This lady stated the doctors have not given her long to live.
When is this drug going to be banned? The physician that was injecting our mother with this drug was getting almost $2,000.00 per injection. That was weekly. How much do you believe this doctor is making per day, per month, per year, by using this drug? Also, how many patients do not NEED this drug but receiving it anyway. If any of you are receiving this drug or know someone who is, please watch for side effects. Google the dangers of procrit and other anemia drugs.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com