Sunday, May 25, 2008

Physician owned hospitals

I believe it is very important to get the news out about the physician owned hospitals and the dangers they impose on the public. As I mentioned before, the widow of Steve Spivey (West Texas Hospital victim) is testifying in the State of Florida to keep these hospitals from opening in that state. From reading these reports and testimony, the physicians want to open these hospitals to make more money for them while providing minimal patient care.
Once again, the three congressmen who helped closed West Texas Hospital are from out of state. Where are our own congressmen and what position do they take on this issue? I have written emails and sent faxes to them requesting they share their positions on this issue. I would like for everyone to do the same. I personally believe physicians and hospitals are getting by with too much as the general public believes they don't have a right to ask questions.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com