Sunday, May 25, 2008

ARMC

I continue to receive emails from patients and families who have had problems with Abilene Regional Medical Center. Hopefully we can work together and force the hospital to make changes that will benefit and assure patients are receiving quality care.
I would like to respond to the critics that responded to my posts on the Abilene Reporter News website. Just alittle over one year ago, I was like you. I hated to hear the news when someone was filing a lawsuit for one reason or another. I hated lawyers and believed I would never have a reason to hire one. Believe me, things change. Some of you accused me of making false claims and filing an absurd lawsuit. I don't want to give out too many more details of this case at this time, but let me inform you, we have medical records as well as an AUTOPSY to verify all of these facts. As I have stated over and over, all ARMC and the physicians had to do was talk to us. They refused. The circumstances of the case are very suspicious and will be investigated. In addition, the other families we have talked to have suffered similiar experiences. I do not believe this is something we can forget about and go on.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com