Saturday, August 16, 2008

Letter to the Editor in the Abilene Reporter News

This letter was printed in the August 16, 2008 edition of the Abilene Reporter News:

Health-care costs are outrageous.
I lost my mom in April due to a negligent nursing staff at one of the area hospitals. While in this hospital, she did not get her prescribed medicine, her room was filthy and smelled of urine, they never logged her eating and drinking habits, and at some point, she suffered a lack of oxygen that left her severely mentally retarded.
We really do deserve to get what we pay for!
Vicki Morris
Abilene

There are no doubts about which hospital the writer is referring to.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com