Thursday, August 7, 2008

Letter to the Editor of Abilene Reporter News

In the August 7th editon of the Abilene Reporter News, a letter is printed from a supposedly happy camper at Abilene Regional Medical Center. It took them awhile, but ARMC finally found someone to write a letter on their behalf. This comes after the news about Hendrick Health System's plan for expansion. I assume ARMC had to pay someone to write the letter just to get some attention.
One or more of the physicians the writer mentions was involved in the fatal error which resulted in our mother's death at ARMC.

Here is the letter:

I recently spent seven days in the Abilene Regional Medical Center and had a number of tests and procedures done, a heart catheterization and gall bladder surgery. My doctors, Frazee, Harper, Headstream, Leverton and Mather, did an excellent job of coordinating the procedures and care. Not only was I impressed with the doctors, but every staff member at the hospital who worked with me was knowledgeable, patient-centered and kind. I have never had such excellent treatment.
My wife and I thank all of the folks who worked with me and especially thank the second-floor nurses and staff of the primary care unit. We are fortunate to have such an excellent facility and so many professional health care providers as we encountered at the Abilene Regional Medical Center.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com