Tuesday, August 5, 2008

AS EXPECTED

Several months ago I contacted the owners of Abilene Regional Medical Center and was told of a complaint hotline. 800-495-9510. I called the number, gave the information and was told to call back after August 4th to receive information regarding the results of the investigation. I called today, August 5th, and was told the case was closed and will not be reopened. I really didn’t expect anything more. At the expense of losing our mother, I have learned to stay away from this hospital. Their website talks about “QUALITY CARE”. This is false advertising at its worst. All I asked for was to meet with the physicians and staff involved. ARMC refused. Now I will devote the rest of my days to spreading the word about the dangers of Abilene Regional Medical Center and the harm they have done to numerous families. And the list is growing. Starting in September, I will begin listing the names of everyone involved, including physicians, nurses, and other staff. Some will ignore, but hopefully most of you will think twice before entering this dangerous hospital.I am not interested in lawsuits or money. I just believe every citizen should be treated fairly and honestly when they or a family member is hospitalized. I believe hospitals and physicians should be held accountable when mistakes are made. Not verbally yelling at family members when they ask a question. Then ignoring the fact they even exist. I have dealt with numerous other hospitals over the years. I can honestly say when I, or my family, had questions, they compassionately answered them the best they could. Not Abilene Regional Medical Center. We have also obtained medical records from a number of different hospitals. Only one hospital charged for the records. ABILENE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER. OVER ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. I understand Abilene Regional Medical Center and their owners from Tennessee are a very large business. However, I feel confident I have convinced a number of people NOT to receive care at the facility. It is dangerous. I will continue to do so.

No comments:

About Me

Abilene, Texas, United States
My name is Gary Reed and I live in Abilene, Texas. In 2007, my mother was in Abilene Regional Medical Center. She and her family had repeatedly instructed the physicians and hospital staff NOT to give a specific drug (procrit)to her as it was the cause of her being there in the first place. However, she was injected with the drug again, sent to CCU, and never recovered. Since then, I have met with numerous other families who have reported similiar experiences with Abilene Regional Medical Center. For one year, I have attempted to dicuss this with ARMC staff and physicians and they have refused. I have also spoken with the attorney for the hospital in Houston, Texas. He admitted there were problems at the hospital and they would be contacting me soon to discuss these issues. It never happened. I will share as much information as possible here. Some I will not share at this time. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with this hospital, please contact me at: gnr99a@hotmail.com